Medtronic Synchromed II Lawsuit
Have you had problems with the SynchroMed II pain pump?
If so, you may be owed significant damages.
The Medtronic SynchroMed II device is a programmable infusion system implanted in the body to deliver drug dosages for a variety of treatments for cancer, chronic pain, and other ailments. More than 250,000 of these devices have been implanted worldwide. The Food and Drug Administration has ordered Medtronic to cease the device’s continued distribution.
Medtronic Pain Pump Complications
There have been numerous problems with the device, including:
- Battery failures
- Catheter failure and blockages
- Electrical shorting
- Unintended delivery of drugs
- Motor stall or device malfunction
For patients, these problems have caused:
- Overdosing, underdosing or both
- Inconsistent management of symptoms
- Extreme lethargy or inability to function
- Hospitalizations, emergency room visits
- Comas or death
The FDA’s warnings and Medtronic Pain Pump Recall
One would think Medtronic would move quickly to address the problems with its SynchroMed II device but such has not been the case. Here is a partial list of the FDA’s interventions:
- March 2008, Class 1 Recall – Possibility of inflammatory mass formation at or near the distal tip of intrathecal catheter
- February 2011, Class 1 Recall – Potential for a “pocket fill” during the pump refill procedure
- August 2011, Class 1 Recall – Reduced battery performance, leading to “sudden loss of therapy”
- June 2013, Class 1 Recall – Unintended delivery of drugs, electrical shorting, blockage where catheter connects to pump
The only way for those who have been victims of Medtronic’s callous disregard for the problems with the SynchroMed II device is to take legal action.
Let us begin the Medtronic Pain Pump lawsuit with a FREE case review.
If you’ve had the Medtronic SynchroMed II device implanted and it has failed to operate properly, you may have a case. Because this is a time-sensitive matter, it’s important you fill out the form now so that we can assess your case and contact you if we determine you qualify.
Our Medical Device Attorneys Can Help
When you choose a medical device lawyer, you need to be represented by someone you can trust and who will treat your case with the importance that it deserves. At Bubalo Law PLC, we are driven by a single goal: to protect the rights of our clients.
This means getting clients the money and benefits that they deserve. We ensure that our clients are protected at every step of the claims process. We know that coping with an injury or disability is hard enough without added legal stress. Let us take the burden off your shoulders and navigate the legal system on your behalf.