How Our Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Can Help
When you entrust the care of your loved one to a nursing home, you expect your loved one will receive attentive care and be treated with dignity and respect. When nursing home residents are neglected or mistreated, it can be difficult to believe what is occurring. At Bubalo Law PLC, our attorneys are ready to put an end to this unforgivable treatment. Our nursing home neglect lawyers can take the following steps:
- Investigate the claim of misconduct and find out how the victim was harmed. Sometimes people can clearly describe what happened to them. In other cases, the nursing home resident may have trouble communicating. We’ll work with the victim and their loved ones to figure out what happened.
- Seek treatment for injuries. Elder care negligence cases can involve physical and mental harm. We’ll work with you to understand what happened and help make sure your loved one receives the medical treatment he or she needs. We’ll also review medical records and help arrange for an evaluation of injuries. This will help you understand the extent of the injuries.
- Determine all the facts. Elder neglect and mistreatment may be an individual incident, a pattern of behavior or a systemic problem caused by the way the nursing home is operated. Our experienced elder abuse attorneys will assess the types of damages the victim may be entitled to claim and will develop the strongest case possible.
- Notify the insurer and submit a demand letter. We’ll notify the appropriate insurance company of the claim and seek to initiate settlement negotiations. We’ll advocate on your behalf and work to get the maximum amount of compensation. We will keep you informed of the progress of the negotiations.
- Fight for you in court. We are usually successful in settling cases before trial, but we will be prepared to take a nursing home neglect claim to court if needed. The attorneys at Bubalo Law PLC have the litigation experience and resources to fight for you in court. Our reputation as trial attorneys makes insurance company more willing to try to settle. They know we are not afraid to go to court. With years of experience, our nursing home neglect lawyers know how to fight for you.