Accidents involving commercial trucks and cars are more complicated to resolve than crashes only involving passenger cars. An 18-wheeler accident may have multiple potentially liable parties including the truck driver, the trucking company, the owner of the trailer, the company that loaded the trailer and a truck equipment manufacturer. The truck accident may involve multiple insurance companies. When you work with our truck accident law firm Bubalo Law PLC, our experienced attorneys will handle your case from start to finish. Our attorneys will:
- Investigate the truck crash and gather evidence indicating how the accident occurred and what parties are responsible. A truck accident will draw on many sources of information including police reports, electronic records from the truck, repair logs, and many other sources.
Many newer trucks are equipped with sophisticated data recorders that log important information such as braking data prior to a crash. This data can provide insights about the accident including when the driver activated the brakes and what the truck was doing before the crash.
We will obtain and review maintenance logs of the trucking company to determine if maintenance problems contributed to the crash. Trucking companies must maintain their vehicles in accordance with state and federal standards. When they leave unsafe vehicles on the road, the vehicle may cause serious accidents.
- Identify all the potential parties and the insurance coverage available to provide compensation. In some cases, faulty truck equipment such as brakes or a defective tire may have caused or contributed to the accident.
- Review medical records and speak with doctors to understand the nature and extent of your injuries and your future medical needs.
- Submit demand letters to the insurers and negotiate to get the maximum compensation. Insurers and representatives on the other side will try to offer you the minimum amount possible to settle your case. We will stand up for you and stop insurers from forcing you to accept a low ball offer.
- Fight for you in court. Most truck accident cases settle before trial. However, there are times when a truck accident case will proceed to trial. Our trucking accident attorneys at Bubalo Law PLC are recognized trial attorneys with a national reach. With years of litigation experience, our attorneys know how to fight for our clients and win.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, the dedicated attorneys at Bubalo Law PLC can help you seek full and fair compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have years of experience handling all types of truck accidents.